In need of some easy comfort food for dinner tonight? You will love this amazing one-pan recipe from Taste Magazine which takes only 30 minutes to cook. With only 7g of net carbs per serve, it’s low-carb comfort heaven!
Look for a marinara pasta sauce that is less than 5g of net carbs per 100g. Some pasta sauces have a lot of sugar so look out for a good brand and stock up. Try Rao’s Homemade Marinara Sauce, Organico Bello’s organic pasta sauce or Dukan Diet Marinara Sauce.
Let us know in the comments how you liked the Chicken, Parmesan and Zoodle Skillet. We’d love to know how it turned out and any variations you tried!
One Pan, 30 Minute - Chicken, Parmesan And Zoodle Skillet
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp water
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese finely grated
- 1 tbs fresh basil leaves finely chopped
- 1.1 lb chicken breast fillets halved length-ways
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1.75 cup marinara pasta sauce look for 5g or less of net carbs per 100g
- 3 medium zucchini cut into long, very thin strips (using a mandoline or spiralizer)
- 1/2 cup fresh mozzarella coarsely grated
- Fresh basil leaves extra, to serve
- Lightly whisk the egg and water in a shallow bowl. Combine the almond meal, Parmesan and basil on a plate. Season the chicken. Dip 1 chicken piece in egg, then almond meal mixture, pressing to coat. Transfer to a lined plate. Repeat with the remaining chicken, egg wash and almond meal mixture, pressing to coat well.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken for 3 minutes on each side or until golden. Transfer to a plate.
- Reserve 1/2 cup marinara sauce. Add remaining tomato sauce to pan and bring to the boil. Add the zucchini and simmer for 2 minutes or until just starting to soften. Remove from heat.
- Preheat oven grill to high. Return chicken to pan. Spoon over reserved tomato sauce. Sprinkle with the mozzarella cheese. Grill for 3-4 minutes, until the cheese is golden. Sprinkle with extra basil.
Image and recipe from Taste Magazine January/February 2017
Join the FREE 30 Minute Low-Carb Challenge!
Get FAST results with less time in the kitchen!
"I feel happier, more energized. And my jeans finally fit again" Beth