30-Minute Herb Roasted Chicken Drumsticks
This speedy herb roasted chicken drumsticks recipe is packed with lemon and herb flavor and is guaranteed to be gobbled up! It's a sure crowd pleaser or the perfect quick and tasty family meal as well as being keto-friendly, gluten-free and dairy-free.
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230c)
Add drumsticks to a large bowl along with olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, dried herbs and salt
Toss to coat well and place on baking sheet
Bake at 450 F (230c) for 15 minutes then flip chicken
Switch oven to broil, top with lemon slices and cook for an additional 5 minutes until internal temperature of chicken reaches 165 F (74c)
Garnish with fresh herbs and fresh lemon juice for serving
- Very large drumsticks? Depending on the size of the drumsticks, they may take longer to cook. I used medium sized drumsticks for this recipe.
- Taking baked chicken drumsticks to a party? This recipe can easily be taken to a party. Either take to the party fresh from the oven covered in foil so they stay warm (they don't need to be piping hot). Or pop them in the oven to reheat for 20-minutes at your destination.
- How to ensure the chicken is cooked? Use a meat thermometer to ensure chicken is fully cooked to the proper temperature of 165F. If you don't have a meat thermometer, push a skewer into the thickest part of the drumstick and if the juices run clear (not pink), the chicken is cooked. If you are not sure, you can cut it to check the center.
- Need to save time? Using jarred minced garlic is a huge time saver. Fresh garlic can be used if preferred.
- Prep ahead of time? The mixture could be marinated overnight for even more flavorful chicken, although the extra herbs and lemon juice add plenty of flavor
Serving: 2drumsticks | Calories: 377kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 139mg | Sodium: 449mg | Potassium: 402mg | Fiber: 1g | Vitamin A: 85IU | Vitamin C: 18.4mg | Calcium: 45mg | Iron: 1.6mg