30-Minute Herb and Cream Cheese Stuﬀed Mushrooms
Super delicious, cheesey stuffed mushrooms are the ideal one-bite appetizer to wow guests at parties whether served hot, straight from the oven or at room temperature. Ready in 30-minutes & gluten-free, vegetarian, low-carb & ketogenic diet.
- 1 pound baby portobello mushrooms (brown mushrooms)
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 oz sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon herb and garlic seasoning
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped chives
Preheat oven to 350 F (180c)
Clean mushrooms and carefully remove stems (discard or save for use in another dish)
Stir together cream cheese, shredded cheese, sour cream and seasonings until combined
Spread olive oil in bottom of small rimmed baking sheet or cast iron skillet (or other shallow oven safe dish)
Scoop approximately a tablespoon of ﬁlling into each mushroom cap (ﬁll just a little over the top and press ﬁrmly)
Place cap side down in pan and bake for 18-20 minutes until tender
Remove and top with fresh chives
- Serving stuffed mushrooms: there will be some liquid from the mushrooms in the bottom of the pan so remove to a new dish before serving
- Mushrooms too hot? The mushrooms are surprisingly hot when they first come out of the oven. Leave them to cool for 5 minutes before serving to avoid burning your guests!
- Taking stuffed mushrooms to a party? Stuffed mushrooms are just as tasty when served at room temperature so can be cooked an hour or so before and taken to a party. Remove stuffed mushrooms from the skillet to a serving dish.
- Cream cheese not soft? If your cream cheese is straight from the fridge, heat in the microwave for 15-25 seconds to soften.
- How to clean dirty mushrooms? Use a paper towel to gently wipe the pieces of dirt off the mushrooms
- In a hurry? Use portobello mushrooms for the fastest cooking time
Calories: 131kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 24mg | Sodium: 95mg | Potassium: 303mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 345IU | Vitamin C: 0.4mg | Calcium: 108mg | Iron: 1mg