Keto Lemon Sugar Cookie with Strawberry Frosting
Tender-soft with a crispy edge and a creamy strawberry frosting, these easy Keto Sugar Cookies come together in just 30 minutes. They make the perfect sweet, low-carb snack to enjoy with friends and family during the festive, holiday season.
Servings 12 cookies
Mix together almond flour, butter, 2 oz (57g) cream cheese, 2 tablespoons sweetener, vanilla, baking powder, lemon and egg
Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto cookie sheet (about 1 1/2 tablespoons each)
Bake at 350 F (180c) for 8-10 minutes until light golden brown on bottom edges
Remove cookies from oven and let cool for a few minutes before removing to a cooling rack
Add berries to high powdered blender or food processor and blend until smooth
In large bowl using hand mixer (or in stand mixer) whip cream cheese for 1 minute
Add pureed strawberries and 2 tablespoons of sweetener and continue blending until smooth and incorporated
Use knife to spread frosting on fully cooled cookies
- Leftovers should be refrigerated and can be kept for 2-3 days
- Freezing keto sugar cookies? The cookies can be frozen without the frosting in an airtight container with parchment paper between each. Make sure they have completely cooled before freezing.
These cookies can also be flash frozen. Freeze the cookies in a single layer on a tray. Once frozen, they can be added to a ziplock bag and they won’t stick or freeze together.
- Too sweet or not sweet enough? Sweetener and lemon extract can be adjusted to taste
- Butter and cream cheese too hard? Microwave briefly in 10 seconds bursts until they soften
- Keto sweeteners substitutes? I used erythritol, but any low-carb sweeteners can be used like Swerve, Lakanto Monk Fruit, Erythritol/Monk Fruit blends or other Erythritol/stevia blends.
Be sure to taste test the dough and add more sweetener if needed.
Serving: 1cookie | Calories: 144.08kcal | Carbohydrates: 3.29g | Protein: 3.36g | Fat: 13.63g | Saturated Fat: 5.57g | Cholesterol: 39.27mg | Sodium: 84.45mg | Potassium: 67.47mg | Fiber: 1.11g | Sugar: 1.18g | Vitamin A: 326.79IU | Vitamin C: 3.53mg | Calcium: 52.06mg | Iron: 0.52mg