Keto Cauliflower Mac and Cheese with Ham
With a creamy, gooey cheese sauce over perfectly cooked cauliflower....this recipe for Keto Cauliflower Mac and Cheese is comfort food at it's best, AND a genius way to use up that leftover ham!
- 24 oz frozen cauliflower florets or fresh
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chicken broth (stock)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 6 oz shredded sharp white cheddar cheese or any shredded cheese
- 1 cup leftover ham diced
Boil, steam or microwave cauliflower according to package directions until tender, about 10 minutes and drain
In the meantime, heat butter in saucepan until melted
Stir in chicken broth, heavy cream and cream cheese and whisk until smooth, about 3-4 minutes
Add shredded cheese and continue to stir until melted and smooth and sauce is heated through and thickened (about 3 minutes)
Stir together cooked cauliflower with desired amount of cheese sauce and leftover ham and allow to rest for about 5 minutes to thicken before serving
- Cooking fresh cauliflower: either boil or steam for 5-7 minutes or microwave cauliflower in a cling film or plate covered bowl for 1-2 minutes
- Cream cheese: For best results, it should be at room temperature and whisking will yield smoothest results. If your cream cheese is still cold, microwave for 30-40 seconds on 50% power.
- Sauce is too thin? Sauce will quickly thicken after removing from heat, so allow 5 minutes for it to rest and thicken up
- Serving carb eaters? This recipe is perfect to serve carb eaters because the sauce is cooked separately so can be poured over your cauliflower and ham OR hot pasta.
- Leftover sauce? Store leftover sauce in the fridge for 3-4 days and reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop for another meal!
- Can I use pre-grated cheese? Grated cheese from a block will melt more smoothly but pre-shredded can be used.
Calories: 598kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 53g | Saturated Fat: 31g | Cholesterol: 187mg | Sodium: 957mg | Potassium: 657mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1855IU | Vitamin C: 84.4mg | Calcium: 410mg | Iron: 1.4mg