Crispy and tender, this Spicy Roasted Cauliflower Recipe packs a serious flavor punch in only 30-minutes. Get your veggies in with this quick and healthy side dish that is free of gluten and dairy as well as being low-carb and keto-diet friendly.
I rarely ate cauliflower before starting a low-carb diet.
I didn’t like it one bit, but the truth is…
…as with many foods that we don’t like (especially vegetables!), we probably haven’t tried them since we were kids and were force-fed them by well-meaning parents 🙂
Ha ha….I may have become one of those parents now, but that’s another story!
Also, there are so many ways to cook and flavor vegetables that our most hated foods can become our new favorites!
WAYS TO COOK CAULIFLOWER AS A SIDE DISH
Since I “discovered” cauliflower, I’ve been enjoying it every which way – from roasted or baked to mashed to microwaved and even riced.
Cauliflower is such a surprisingly versatile low-carb vegetable as you can see.
But this recipe is as simple as it comes.
Roasting cauliflower is super easy.
The trick is to cut the cauliflower into quite small florets so that it cooks quickly and evenly.
HOW TO FLAVOR CAULIFLOWER WITH SPICES
Adding a little spice can be done in a flash. This recipe uses paprika and turmeric, but you can swap in your favorite pungent spices like cumin, coriander or ground chili etc
If you don’t want spice with your cauliflower, just toss it in some olive oil, salt and pepper. Add a couple of minced garlic cloves if you want to get fancy.
Cauliflower is ideal for ketogenic or diabetic diets as it’s low in carbohydrates but is a healthy, filling and fibrous vegetable.
Learn about the nutritional benefits of cauliflower.
RELATED: COMPLETE GUIDE TO CAULIFLOWER RICE
WHY WE LOVE THIS SPICY ROASTED CAULIFLOWER RECIPE
- It’s ready in 30 minutes
- 4 ingredients only!
- Swap in your favorite spices
- Low-carb & keto
- A tasty way to increase your vegetable and fiber intake!!
COOKING TIPS AND TRICKS
- Not fully cooked? The cauliflower may not be cooked through if the florets are too big. Cut them small and in even sizes. Some large florets may need to be cut in half or even quarters.
- Too spicy? Reduce the paprika to 1/2 teaspoon or just toss it in some olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Feeding Kids? Leave some of the florets out of the spice mixture. Add them to the same or a different roasting pan with some oil and salt but keep separate from the spiced cauliflower.
- Leftover roast cauliflower? Roasted cauliflower can be kept in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days. Reheat in the microwave or in the oven at 360F (180c) for around 10 minutes.
- Change the spices? Sure – substitute in any of your favorite ground spices here like cumin, coriander, ground chili, cayenne, curry powder or even chili flakes.
HOW TO MAKE SPICY BAKED CAULIFLOWER RECIPE
Pre-heat oven to 360F (180c) and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
Cut the cauliflower into small, even-sized florets.
Combine the cauliflower, paprika, turmeric, salt and oil in a large bowl and toss well to coat the cauliflower.
Place the mixture onto the tray in a single layer.
Roast for 20-25 minutes or until golden and tender.
FOLLOW US on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for more delicious 30-minute low-carb recipes!
★ DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
DON’T FORGET TO GIVE IT A STAR RATING BELOW! JUST CLICK ON THE STARS IN THE RECIPE CARD TO RATE.
Quick Spicy Roast Cauliflower Recipe
- 1 lb cauliflower, cut into small florets 1 medium head
- 1 tsp sweet paprika or smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- Pre-heat oven to 360F (180c) and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Combine the cauliflower, paprika, turmeric, salt and oil in a large bowl and toss well to coat the cauliflower.
- Place the mixture onto the tray in a single layer.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes or until golden and tender.
- Not fully cooked? Cut the florets smaller and into even sizes or cook for longer.
- Too spicy? Reduce the paprika to 1/2 teaspoon.
- Leftover roast cauliflower? Keep in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days. Reheat in the microwave or in the oven at 360F (180c) for around 10 minutes.
- Change the spices? Substitute in any of your favorite ground spices here like cumin, coriander, ground chili, cayenne, curry powder or chili flakes.
This post may contain affiliate links which means I may receive a small commission if you purchase some items. Ordering through my site will not change the price you pay. Small commissions like this help to support this blog and my bulletproof coffee habit...