Meatballs are a real crowd-pleaser in our family. Everyone is kept happy with spaghetti for the kids and husband and zucchini noodles for me.
This version takes about 30 minutes to cook and uses one pan. Here’s to quick meals with minimal cleaning up!
Zucchini noodles or zoodles work perfectly as a pasta replacement – watch my video on how to make them here (or below). It only takes just over a minute to spiralize one zucchini with the microplane spiral slicer. It’s a simple gadget that you can get for less than $15.
I cook up some spaghetti for the kids while the meatballs are in the oven and make the zoodles. You can cook the zoodles but I don’t find it necessary for this dish.
Look for a marinara pasta sauce that is less than 5g of net carbs per 100g. Some pasta sauces have a lot of sugar so look out for a good brand and stock up.
We’d love to know if you find a good low-carb pasta sauce, so please share in the comments!
*Note: if you don’t have an oven-proof fry-pan, continue to cook the meatballs on the stove-top until cooked through. Use a fry-pan lid if you have one.
30 Minute Low-Carb, Gluten-Free Meatballs
Everyone is kept happy with spaghetti for the kids and husband and zucchini noodles for me. This version takes about 30 minutes to cook and uses only one pan.
- Preheat oven to 355F (180c ) and heat a large oven-proof fry-pan to medium-high heat.
- Make the meatballs - add ground beef, onion, almond meal, Parmesan and oregano to a large bowl and season well. Mix to combine
- Using wet hands, form the mixture into even sized meatballs approx 40g (1.4 oz each)
- Pan-fry meatballs in olive oil for 4 minutes moving the pan around in a circular motion constantly so the meatballs roll and brown all over.
- Add low-carb pasta sauce to the pan (passata, marinara with less than 5g net carbs per 100g) and bring to a simmer.
- Take fry-pan and place in the oven to bake meatballs for 10- 12 minutes. Be sure to use an ovenproof fry-pan*.
- While meatballs are baking, prepare zoodles using a spiralizer or peeler. Cook spaghetti if needed.
- Serve meatballs and sauce over the zoodles or pasta. Grate some Parmesan cheese over the top.
*Note: if you don't have an oven-proof fry-pan, continue to cook the meatballs on the stove-top until cooked through. Use a fry-pan lid if you have one.
If you tried this recipe and liked it, then please rate the recipe and leave a comment below!
If you like 30 minute recipes, FOLLOW us on Pinterest to get access to our collection of hundreds of 30 Minute Low-Carb recipes….
Join the FREE 30 Minute Low-Carb Challenge!
Get FAST results with less time in the kitchen!
"I feel happier, more energized. And my jeans finally fit again" Beth