This dialed down low-carb pesto is full of broccoli goodness and is the perfect accompaniment to any protein. Make it in 20 minutes, with only 5.5g of net carbs.
What I love about adding broccoli to this pesto is that it makes a much larger quantity of pesto and turns it into a lovely, low-carb sauce to serve with your favorite meats, seafood or protein.
It’s less oily than regular pesto, so if you don’t typically love it, then you could well be convinced by Low-Carb Broccoli Pesto Sauce.
The Many Uses of Low-Carb Broccoli Pesto
There are so many ways to use pesto, which is why it has become a classic sauce over the years. This pesto sauce is not as oily and rich as regular pesto so it makes a great high-fat, low-carb sauce that you can serve generously.
Make up a batch of pesto as part of your weekly meal prep and use it throughout the week:
- Serve as a sauce with chicken, beef, lamb, pork or any seafood
- A dip for vegetables
- Dolloped over a salad
- Mixed through some zucchini noodles for a vegetarian low-carb option
- Add to an omelet or eggs
Low-Carb Broccoli Pesto Sauce works perfectly for low-carb or ketogenic diets due to the high-fat content and the added broccoli gives it a good boost of low-carb fiber. Add it to your protein of choice and you have your macros covered.
Low-Carb Broccoli Pesto Sauce is ready 20 minutes and has 5.5g of net carbs per serve.
Have You Tried These Other Low-Carb Side Dish Staples?
★ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below!
Low-Carb Broccoli Pesto Sauce
- Pour the stock into a medium saucepan over high heat and bring to the boil.
- Add the broccoli or broccolini to the stock, cover, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes or until broccoli is tender.
- Meanwhile, place the basil, garlic cloves, pine nuts, parmesan cheese and half the oil (1/3 cup) into a food processor.
- Drain the broccoli and add to the food processor.
- Process until well combined.
- Add the remaining olive oil (1/3 cup), salt and pepper to taste and process till combined.
- Serve with your protein, as a dip, dollop over a salad or stir through zucchini noodles.
Serves 4 to accompany protein or makes a large dip Nutritional info calculated on recipe making 4 servings. The pesto can be kept in the fridge 5-7 days
If you like 30 minute recipes, FOLLOW us on Pinterest to get access to our collection of hundreds of 30 Minute Low-Carb recipes….
Join the FREE 30 Minute Low-Carb Challenge!
Get FAST results with less time in the kitchen!
"I feel happier, more energized. And my jeans finally fit again" Beth