Fries are back! If you’ve missed fries while staying true to your low-carb diet then I have good news…
Low-Carb Zucchini Fries with Spicy Avocado Dipping Sauce are about to make your day.
You’ll be sinking your teeth into a hot, crumbed, tender fry in 30 minutes and enjoying every salty, satisfying minute of it.
Scoop up a creamy dollop of Spicy Avocado Sauce with your zucchini fries and remind yourself just how good the ketogenic diet is.
How do you make zucchini fries?
To make zucchini fries, cut 2 large zucchinis lengthwise and then into wedges. Crumb the zucchini wedges by dipping them first into whisked egg, then into your crumb mixture. The crumb mixture is made up of shredded coconut, almond flour (or almond meal), and spices. Bake the zucchini fries for 15 minutes at 450°F (230°c).
This recipe for zucchini fries is very easy, especially if you are familiar with crumbing meats or fish. If you have kids, you’ve probably cooked crumbed fish or crumbed chicken tenders on demand at least 3 billion times.
I’ve used shredded coconut in the crumb which gives it a nice, crunchy texture. If your shredded coconut is in strands, process it in a blender first so it becomes finely shredded, like fine sand. You may not need to do this depending on the shredded coconut you use.
How to crumb food in 4 easy steps
If you haven’t “crumbed” before, then it’s an easy, step-by-step process that works as long as you do the 3 steps in the right order.
I usually line up the plates in order from left to right to make sure I don’t get mixed up and wonder why the crumb doesn’t stick to the zucchini!
- Your first step is to whisk the eggs in a shallow bowl. Place this bowl on the left.
- The second step is to mix together the crumb. Add the coconut, almond flour, garlic powder and spices into another, shallow bowl and combine. This bowl goes to the right.
- Place your baking sheet, lined with parchment paper above your bowls.
- Now, dip each zucchini wedge into the egg (bowl 1), then into the crumb (bowl 2) and then place on the baking sheet.
Voila – now the zucchini fries are ready to be cooked!
If your kids or family are not big on eating vegetables or zucchini (mine hate it!), this recipe could be the one that helps them see the light.
Try crumbing other vegetables too, like sweet potato, eggplant or cauliflower to make them more appetizing for the vegetable police!
Don’t forget to check out our Low-Carb Herb And Parmesan Crusted Fish – it’s a real low-carb family favorite. The first time I made it, the kids didn’t even notice that I’d made a low-carb crumb with almond meal instead of breadcrumbs!
While the zucchini fries are baking away, whizz up the Spicy Avocado Dipping Sauce.
Place all the ingredients into the food processor and blend briefly until the sauce comes together nicely. You can add a little water if it’s too thick.
Best of all, you can wave cravings for fries goodbye on keto with 30 minute Low-Carb Zucchini Fries with Spicy Avocado Dipping Sauce. All up, one serving has 10g of net carbs and 397 calories.
You’ll love these other low-carb family favorites:
Low-Carb Zucchini Fries with Spicy Avocado Dipping Sauce
Sink your teeth into a hot, crumbed, tender zucchini fry dipped in Spicy Avocado Sauce and remind yourself how good the ketogenic diet is. Ready in 30 minutes!
For the zucchini fries:
For the sauce:
Preheat oven to 450°F (230c). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cut the zucchinis in half lengthwise and again crosswise. Then cut them into small wedges.
- In a food processor or high-speed blender, add the shredded coconut and blend until it resembles a fine sand texture.
- Transfer the coconut to a shallow bowl and stir in the almond flour, garlic powder, smoked paprika (if using), cumin and salt.
- Whisk the eggs in a separate shallow bowl.
- Dip each zucchini wedge into the egg and then the almond/coconut mixture. Make sure you coat the zucchini on all sides.
- Place on the baking sheets and repeat with the remaining zucchini wedges.
- Bake for 15 mins, or until golden on the bottom.
- To make the sauce, add all ingredients to a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. If too thick, add a tablespoon of water until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Serve the zucchini fries immediately with the dipping sauce.
If you tried this recipe and liked it, then please rate the recipe and leave a comment below!
If you like 30 minute recipes, FOLLOW us on Pinterest to get access to our collection of hundreds of 30 Minute Low-Carb recipes….
Join the FREE 30 Minute Low-Carb Challenge!
Get FAST results with less time in the kitchen!
"I feel happier, more energized. And my jeans finally fit again" Beth