Looking for an easy recipe for holiday entertaining that is also low-carb? These one-bite Low-Carb Smoked Salmon Blinis are the perfect hors-d’oeuvre to serve or take to your next holiday party.
It’s difficult to stick to low-carb eating during the festive season, so make something keto-friendly to share with your friends and family.
The blinis are made using coconut flour so they are also gluten-free.
This recipe is so easy to make.
The blinis or mini-pancakes can be made a day ahead, leaving you to add the smoked salmon, cream cheese and dill on the day.
They are the perfect make ahead appetizer.
For some great ideas on how to survive the holiday season (or any party) on a low-carb diet, check out these posts:
Some other low-carb recipes for entertaining:
★ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below!
Low-Carb Smoked Salmon Blinis
These one-bite Low-Carb Smoked Salmon Blinis are the perfect hors-d'oeuvre to serve or take to your next holiday party. This recipe is so easy to make. The blinis or mini-pancakes can be made a day ahead, leaving you to add the smoked salmon, cream cheese and dill on the day. They are the perfect make-ahead appetizer. The blinis are made using coconut flour so they are also gluten-free.
- Mix together in a bowl, the coconut flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add the eggs and stir gently till combined.
- Pour in the melted butter (2 tbsp)
- Now add in the milk gradually, stirring until combined after each addition.
- Continue to add the milk until it is combined and the batter is thick.
- Heat a frypan to medium heat and add a tsp butter.
- Using a teaspoon, add a dollop of batter to the frypan and press down with the back of the spoon to form a flat round shape. Continue to add teaspoons of batter till pan is filled.
- Cook for about 2 mins or until browned and then flip and cook for another 1-2 mins on the other side.
- Place cooked blinis on a plate lined with paper towel.
- Add another tsp butter to the pan and cook another batch of blinis. Continue until all the batter is used.
- In a bowl, combine the cream cheese with 1 tbsp lemon juice.
- Top each blini with some of the cream cheese mixture, smoked salmon and dill.
Recipe makes 30 blinis - one serving is 5 blinis
Based on a recipe from http://annavocino.com/
If you liked this recipe, please consider rating the recipe and leaving a comment below!
If you like 30 minute recipes, FOLLOW us on Pinterest to get access to our collection of hundreds of 30 Minute Low-Carb recipes….
Join the FREE 30 Minute Low-Carb Challenge!
Get FAST results with less time in the kitchen!
"I feel happier, more energized. And my jeans finally fit again" Beth