I drink bulletproof coffee every day and it is the beverage of choice for Ketogenic Dieters and for people who want to hack their energy levels and lose weight. Created by Dave Asprey of the bulletproofexec.com, bulletproof coffee is an energy boosting drink that is full of good fats and has zero carbs. The ingredients are coffee, grass-fed butter and MCT oil (or coconut oil). The MCT oil gives you an extra mental boost as it gets converted quickly into energy for the brain and body. Drinking it helps increase good fats in the diet and can keep you feeling satiated for hours. It is also a creamy and delicious drink.
2 tbsp ground coffee
1 tbsp *MCT oil (I use Bulletproof Brain Octane)
1-2 tbsp grass-fed unsalted butter** (I use Kerrygold Unsalted)
2 cups freshly boiled water
*Start with 1 tsp on MCT oil and increase over a few days
Place ground coffee into french press and add 2 cups boiling water.
Brew for 4-5 mins.
Add butter and MCT oil to blender (heatproof) or large glass pyrex jug.
Pour hot coffee into blender/jug.
Mix for 30 seconds in a blender or use a hand-held (immersion) blender until it is frothy.
Serves 1 (makes 2 cups)
Per Serving: 330 Calories; 38g Fat; 0g Protein; 0g Total Carbohydrates; 0g Fiber; 0g Net Carbs
Based on the recipe from www.Bulletproof.com
** Use grass-fed ghee if you want to avoid dairy
Optional – I often add 1 tbsp Great lakes Gelatin Collagen Protein to the coffee mixture at the end and give it a quick whiz. Collagen is great for great for regulating the metabolism, repairing connective tissue such as bone, hair, skin, nails. The body’s ability to produce collagen starts to diminish in our mid-twenties, so supplementing is a good idea.
I usually use 1 tbsp regular coffee with 1 tbsp decaf to reduce the amount of caffeine.
Play around with the ratios to find what works for you.
- Serves: 1
- Serving size: 1
- Calories: 330g
- Fat: 38g
- Net Carbohydrates: 0g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 0g
- 2 tbsp ground coffee
- 1 tbsp *MCT oil (I use Bulletproof Brain Octane)
- 1-2 tbsp grass-fed unsalted butter** (I use Kerrygold Unsalted)
- 2 cups freshly boiled water
- *Start with 1 tsp on MCT oil and increase over a few days
- Place ground coffee into french press and add 2 cups boiling water.
- Brew for 4-5 mins.
- Add butter and MCT oil to blender (heatproof) or large glass pyrex jug.
- Pour hot coffee into blender/jug.
- Mix for 30 seconds in blender or use hand-held (immersion) blender until it is frothy.
Join the FREE 30 Minute Low-Carb Challenge! Get fast results with less time in the kitchen
10 Day Meal Plan Includes:
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks
- Recipes - all can be prepared in 30 minutes (or less!)
- Family friendly recipes
Sign up here to be notified when the next 10 Day challenge starts!