This 30 Minute Low-Carb Creamy Baked Eggs, with only 5 ingredients and 3g of net carbs is one of my typical lunches. It makes a great breakfast too and provides a good dose of fats from the eggs, cream and cheese.
You also get a substantial serving of your daily vegetables from the spinach. I’d say it’s an all-round winner and you could eat this for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Ideal For Low-Carb & Ketogenic Diets
This type of baked egg dish incorporates lots of fats, a small portion of protein and some vegetables, so is ideal for low-carb diets. It’s good to get plenty of fresh low-carb vegetables and this is something I have to constantly focus on. If you can get some vegetables in at breakfast then you’re off to a great start.
A few recipes that include vegetables are great to have up your sleeve. To see our list of 100 Ketogenic Foods which lists the low-carb vegetables, click here.
Is There A Dairy-Free Version Of Baked Eggs?
I love these flexible dishes that can be eaten any time. The recipe is very forgiving too.
You could add in all sorts of different ingredients (think leftovers) from cooked vegetables to meats like ham, cooked bacon or chorizo. Any cheeses work including mozzarella, blue cheese or cheddar.
The cream can also be skipped and just add some mozzarella instead. If you want to go dairy free then use some warmed crushed tomatoes instead of the cream and cheese. Just add a sprinkle of herbs over the top and you’re good to go!
Enjoy this decadent baked eggs recipe and let us know how you like it!
30 Minute Low-Carb Creamy Baked Eggs
This 30 Minute Low-Carb Creamy Baked Eggs, with only 5 ingredients and 3g of net carbs is a great lunch. It makes a great breakfast too and provides a good dose of fats from the eggs, cream and cheese. You also get a substantial serving of your daily vegetables from the spinach.
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1.5 cups baby spinach
- 1.5 oz goats cheese or feta
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp heavy cream or sour cream
Pre-heat the oven to 375F (190c)
- Place a fry-pan over medium heat and add the butter.
- Once melted, add the spinach and cook for 3 minutes or until wilted, stirring occasionally.
- Grease 2 ramekins (3/4 cup capacity) with butter or oil.
Season the spinach with salt and pepper and add equally to the bottom of each ramekin.
- Crumble half the goat's cheese over the spinach.
- Crack one egg into a small dish or mug then pour into the ramekin. Repeat with the other egg.
- Add the cream to the top of each ramekin and finish with the remaining goat's cheese and some salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes on a baking tray or until the egg white has set. The yolk should still be runny.
- Enjoy the creamy deliciousness!!
If you tried this recipe and liked it, then please consider rating the recipe and leaving a comment below!
If you like 30-minute recipes, FOLLOW us on Pinterest to get access to our collection of hundreds of 30 Minute Low-Carb recipes….
Join the FREE 30 Minute Low-Carb Challenge!
Get FAST results with less time in the kitchen!
"I feel happier, more energized. And my jeans finally fit again" Beth