8 Minute Low-Carb Scrambled Egg Breakfast Jars are about to revolutionize your mornings!
Prep them the night before or throw them together in 8 minutes in the morning and you have an easy, low-carb breakfast at your fingertips.
Meal Prep Alert!
You won’t believe how easy these breakfast jars are to make. If you know you will be rushed in the morning, prep them the night before . All you need to do in the morning, is shake up the jar and microwave for a couple of minutes and they’re done.
Sit down, pour yourself a bulletproof coffee and enjoy a relaxed breakfast at home with minimal preparation and cooking time. Hey, you might even have time to read the paper (or check Facebook!)
Grab A Scrambled Egg Breakfast Jar & Go – Out The Door!
Or you can just grab and go with these 8 Minute Low-Carb Scrambled Egg Breakfast Jars. Once they’re cooked, pop the lid back on and take with you to work, on the school run or on your commute.
Scrambled Egg Breakfast Jars are fun to make and are full of all your delicious low-carb favorites like eggs, cheese and cream. Of course, you can customize them by adding or taking away ingredients, so you can go dairy free or throw in leftovers to spice it up a little.
Here are some suggestions for other flavor combinations
Pizza – eggs, ham, salami, tomato paste, mozzarella cheese, cherry tomatoes
Mexican – eggs, peppers, chipotle chilli, salsa, serve with chopped avocado and cilantro
Breakfast sausage – eggs, cream, leftover sausages, cheese, tomatoes
Leftovers – eggs, cream, cheese, leftover cooked meat such as chicken, bacon or sausage plus leftover cooked veggies such as broccoli
Kids Favorite – eggs, cream, ham and cheese
Vegetarian – eggs, cream, cheese, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, peppers, chopped spinach etc
Smoked salmon – eggs, cream, smoked salmon, dill – serve with a few capers
Tuna surprise – eggs, cream, tuna, cheese, spring onions – serve with chopped avocado
Mediterranean – eggs, cream, olives, cheese, feta or goats cheese
If you need to add more fat then add some chopped avocado after cooking. Another alternative is to use dairy-free milk such as almond milk in place of the cream. 8 Minute Low-Carb Scrambled Egg Breakfast Jars also make a fantastic lunch if you are looking for a quick, healthy, low-carb lunch option.
Have You Tried These Other Low-Carb Breakfast Ideas?
8 Minute Low-Carb Scrambled Egg Breakfast Jars
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese or other hard cheese
- 1/2 cup baby spinach chopped roughly
- Olive oil spray
- Salt and pepper
- Take a 400ml (1 ¾ cup) capacity mason jar or regular jar with a wide mouth and coat the insides with olive oil spray.
- Crack in the eggs and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the cream, cheese and spinach.
- Seal the top of the jar with plastic wrap and screw the lid on.
- Give it a good shake so that the eggs are beaten and the ingredients are well combined.
- Remove the lid and leave the plastic wrap on, then microwave the jar on high for around 1 minute.
- Use a fork to mix the eggs a little so that they cook evenly.
- Microwave again for 50-55 seconds depending on your microwave.
- Once the eggs are cooked, you can eat immediately or place the lid back on and eat later.
Note - add another egg to make the meal more substantial but be sure to use a larger mason jar. Half an avocado also makes a great addition for extra fat and fiber.
If you liked this recipe, please consider rating the recipe and leaving a comment below!
Join the FREE 30 Minute Low-Carb Challenge! Get fast results with less time in the kitchen!
- 10 Day Meal Plan - easy to follow with options for breakfasts, lunch, dinners and snacks
- Recipes - all can be prepared in 30 minutes (or less!)
- Shopping List
- Meal plan template
- Low-Carb challenge guidelines
- Low-Carb Foods List PDF
- Daily email support